Monday, March 28, 2011

HaPpY BiRthDaY Quin!

WOW! Between school (assessing and report cards) and sick kiddos at home, we have been MIA for sure! It has been over a month since my last post. Sorry! During my absence, we celebrated one amazing little lady's birthday! I can't believe that Quin is four already :( To see her pictures of birthdays past, go here. Time flies when we are having fun!

We did not have a party for her this year. We did have the chance to meet up with both Jason's side and my side of the family for little get togethers! It is always nice to see family!!!

On Quin's actual birthday, the babes were very sick. We decided it was best to take Quin out for a little lunch date. We invited her BFF, Izzy, along and met up with my parents at Red Robin (yum!).

Sidenote: Soon after Quin turned 3 she asked me if she could have gum. Without much thought, I answered not until she turned 4. Well, she never forgot! Anyone who knows Quin(and many strangers as well), knew that when she turned 4 she was going to be able to chew gum! Such a small reward for her patience. I made her and Izzy both gumball necklaces. She was totally smitten with it :) Quin's very first piece of gum (on her birthday). Quin and Izzy before our luncheon - are the two of them cute together, or what?!?! My mom brought them little princess goody bags. They quickly became the queens of Red Robin! A big thank you to Izzy for joining us for lunch, and helping to make Quin's birthday a blast! When we got home, Quin quickly went down hill. She was still fighting off the end of a cold herself, and was tuckered out from lunch! This is how she really felt about me trying to take her birthday picture :( She did tolerate me for this one, but that poor nose... it had been wiped one time too many!
For her birthday, Jason and I bought her a coin operated gumball dispensper. She loves it, and it has been the best 'good behavior' motivator ever! If she has had a 'good day', she gets a piece of gum when we get home from work. I have even made a gumball coloring sheet for her to keep track of her good behavior. I had no idea that gum could be so rewarding!!!
Unfortunately, I do have to tell ya that we have tested, and approved, the peanut butter trick - it does work to get gum out of hair! UGH! I am hoping that it was a one time only test :(
Happy, happy Birthday Quinner the Winner! We sure do love you!!!

No comments: