Sunday, August 5, 2012

July - Look Mom... No Training Wheels

Quin has been itchin' to take the training wheels off of her bike.  With much reservation, we took them off...and....  she did SO WELL.  I have to admit, I was a little surprised.  It only took a few passes up the sidewalk with support, and then she took off!

I love the look of determination on her face :)  She has always stuck her tongue out when she is in full concentration mode.
Way to go Quinners!

Those of you who know me, know that I am not a big crier - but this moment took me by surprise!  I was thankful that I was wearing my sunglasses ;)  Riding a bike without training wheels is, well... for big girls.  There is something so symbolic about it for me.  No support needed.  {HUGE SIGH}  Just another example that my kids really are growing up :(

No comments: