Monday, July 20, 2009

Baptismal Day

Yesterday we were happy to celebrate the baptism of Ellery, Easton and Gianna. We had a wonderful time with family and friends. Everyone joined us first at church to witness the lovely ceremony. Thanks to Pastor Brown for his patience as we relayed the babies to the baptismal font. :) All three babies did very well - no tears! Below are pictures of each baby with his/her godparents/sponsors.
Ellery with Monica and Jeff (Jason's brother and his wife).
Easton with Christy and Mike (Jason's brother and his wife).
Gianna with Meagon (my amazing friend) and Nate (my brother).

Of course the wild card of the day was Quin. Considering she doesn't usually sit for more than two minutes, I had a feeling that a whole church service might be a bit much to ask for :) She actually did very well, although she did provide one of the most memorable moments of the day. During the baptism she said she had to use the bathroom (mind you, I took her ten minutes before and she didn't want to go because it was 'too loud to flush'). As she re-entered her pew for the second time, she loudly called "Mom". Trying to ignore her, I heard my name again. I turned to smile at her as she announced to me (from her pew as I was standing in front of the church) "Mom, I went pee-pee in the potty" as she sported one of the biggest smiles ever! Oh, I just love her! At least she is proud of her new found potty skills :)

It was raining as we left the church, and I had a moment of panic. I didn't plan for rain, what were we going to do! We don't have room for 30+ people in our house. Fortunately, it was sun shining and barely damp out by the time we arrived home. We enjoyed food, visiting, cornhole and the kids. We are so thankful that everyone was able to join us for this joyful day!
Ellery with her Popa (my dad).
Gianna with her Great Grandpa (my grandpa). Easton with his Uncle Jeff.

No comments: