Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Jason and I had a whirlwind of a beginning! We met through a friend of mine, who at the time worked with Jason. She was slightly smitten with his roommate. In order to go out with them that night they wanted her to bring a friend. Now I have to tell you, I was in no mood to go out. I was in the middle of my first student teaching assignment, didn’t feel well and just wanted to go to bed. I had no interest in meeting anyone. I was leaving in a month to finish the second half of my student teaching in Australia. Well… long story short – I went, and met Jason. I was immediately drawn to him. We spent the evening talking and dancing. The next day we met for coffee and that was the end, or the beginning depending on how you look at it. I remember going home and asking my dad when he knew he was going to marry my mom (I am pretty sure he thought I was joking – or was hoping so). Jason and I bought my engagement ring two weeks later, yes two weeks! I then spent four months in Australia and New Zeeland. When I returned, we became engaged and planned our wedding. We were married a little more than a year after we met. I have to admit now that I look back, I can see why our friends and family were a little scared for us :)

I can’t believe that was ten years ago. In one breath I can say it was a very long ten years, yet it has gone by so fast. We have had many ups and downs, and life wasn’t always easy. I look at all that we have accomplished in ten years. We have remodeled two houses, taken many vacations and have four beautiful children. If you would have asked me on our wedding day where I would be in ten years – I probably would have answered, ‘oh, we will probably have two dogs, four kids and I will be teaching’. It is funny how we are at that exact destination, yet our journey here has been far from what I thought it would be. I definitely didn’t see having four kids less than two years apart.

I am living a very full and blessed life. I couldn’t ask for more. I am married to my best friend and have a wonderful family! Thank you to Jason for taking this wild ride with me. I can’t wait to see what the next ten (and more) years have in store for us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So great! The babies also look adorable at 6 months. Good luck to you guys for the next 10 years and beyond.

Katie said...

Congrats on 10 years!