Friday, July 30, 2010

18 Month Dr. Visit

We had our 18 month check ups last week. WOW! A year and a half has already gone by - I have no idea where that time went. They are growing well, although poor Easton is still a little peanut. He eats the most, and can definitely hold his own - so no worries from me. The latest and greatest stats are:

Ellery – 22 pounds 6.5 ounces (a little less than 25%), 32 inches long (50%)
Gianna – 22 pounds 11.5 ounces (25%), 30 ¼ inches long (25%)
Easton – 20 pounds 10 ounces (3%), 29 ¾ inches long (5%)

My babies are no longer little :( When I talk about them, I can't help but call them babies still. I have tried to come up with another group name for the triplets, but the only thing that rolls off my tongue naturally is 'babes' - pretty creative, huh?!?! (Feel free to give me suggestions :)

So... what is life like with 1 1/2 year old triplets, you may wonder?!?! Here is a picture to give you a small taste. I went into the kitchen for no more than a minute to start lunches, when I realized I couldn't hear a single sound (never a good sign!). As I walked towards where the babes were supposed to be, I heard the girls giggle (also not a good sign!). I died laughing when I saw my three stinkers. Easton pulled out a dining room chair and climbed on top of the dining room table. He pulled an open container of Cheerios next to him, and had started throwing them down to Gianna and Ellery. The girls thought it was hilarious - diving for cereal and tossing it into their mouths as they reach for the next. I stood and watched for a minute or two - what a hoot! As soon as I took the picture, Easton looked at me and started laughing out loud. Oh man, what in the world does my future hold?!?!?! I also love how each of them have developed their own personalities!

Gianna is so sweet, and is still a momma/daddy's girl. She is a leg hugger, and takes a long time to warm up. But when she does warm up, she is all smiles. She LOVES music and dancing. She loves to carry around a little black purse and her little teapot (thank you Ms. Meagon!). The teapot has a set of songs that she can hear with a push of a button - we hear them over, and over, and over... She never gets sick of hearing them, or dancing to them. Easton continues to be all boy. He still loves to climb and antagonize his sisters. He is mischievous, and has the best smile (not that he would smile for me this time)!
Not the most flattering picture of Ellery :( Ellery is the life of the party. She loves to interact with people and make them smile. She loves to listen and look at books. I also think she is going to be a girly girl - she can find the play bracelets in the bottom of any toy bin. She is the most 'talkative' - she babbles from sun up to sun down.

1 comment:

The Alexanders said...

So cute to read about life with 18 month old triplets. I just booked the 12 month appointment for my three little guys!