Friday, June 10, 2011

Tulip Time

Last month (yeah, I am very behind on my posts!), we made our way down to Holland for Tulip Time. There were many, many beautiful tulips like these... But... I can't lie! Just like in the past few years (here and here) we really just went for the FOOD! I love the rich Dutch traditions, the costumes and wooden shoes, the dancing... but it really is the food that I am head over heals for ;)


Unlike Quin, who took three years to even somewhat appreciate the greasy goodies, the triplets aren't afraid to dig in. They are unanimous with their favorite though... the French Fries!After Ellery's personal bowl of food was gone, she grabbed the tub o' fries and completely hogged them - she is a fry girl through and through!
Gianna
Even Easton enjoyed his bowl full!
I promise they ate more than fries!



Quin ate enough to be considered a meal, but not as much as most four year olds would love to eat! She cracks me up! I suppose this is a good thing.Since it is Tulip Time, after all, we headed over to some tulip fields. This is the closest picture that I was able to capture of the four of them with tulips behind them - ha! Quin was trying to get them to lay on their bellies next to her, but they wanted nothing to do with that pose. We worked hard to get the babes to be 'gentle' to the flowers, but it was a struggle. We eventually settled for kisses - hee, hee!
Ellery loved running from each type of tulip, and looking at their colors - she really had no need to kiss them though! At least one of them helped save me from the 'tulip police'.
This was my favorite. Easton just couldn't resist digging in the dirt whenever there was a few extra seconds. Such a boy! Another Tulip Time down in the books... After looking back at the old Tulip Time posts, I can't believe how fast it seems like the kiddos have grown. I can't imagine how big they will seem by next year!

No comments: