Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What Have We Been Up To???

Time flies! It has been over two weeks since my last post. It seems so strange that time goes so fast, yet I wonder what in the world we did during that time.
Easton, Ellery and myself have been a little under the weather - not down and out, but not 100%. Icky noses and coughs - ugh! It really just slows us down. I am hoping that this is the worst of it and we only get better from here!

So... What have we been up to?!?! Well, two weekends ago Jason had a date day with Quin. They went to an afternoon Griffin's game (local hockey). It was a nice change for all six of us. Quin and Jason had a great day. Quin was happy to tell me about the game, but even more so, she was excited about what they ate! I have to give it to her - arena food is good! I also loved the time alone with the babies. It is rare that I spend time with just the three of them. I usually take Quin with me when I run errands, or I am home with all four kids. I LOVED seeing them interact with just each other - it was a great few hours.
This past weekend we made the trip to my sister's house. My mom, sister, Quin and brother all have birthdays within a few weeks of each other. Even before Quin was born, it was a great excuse to get together. It was close to a month since we had seen each other - and even more so since I had seen my adorable nephew Lincoln! He is getting so big :( It was nice to see everyone!
Gampa Gampa and Quin opening one of her presents.
And, drum roll please... Gianna is crawling!!! She is not a risk taker. I think she had been practicing when no one was looking because all of a sudden she just took off. She went from watching on the sidelines, to keeping up with Easton and Ellery in the fast lane. It is hilarious to see all three of them crawling together. When they are all going in the same direction, it looks like the final lap of a Nascar race. When they are going in opposite directions, it looks like a group of deer that have just been spooked. Makes me laugh every time. How do we do it, you might ask??? We love our gates! Sure do help keep the babes out of trouble :)
Here are a few pictures of our trouble makers. Easton loves to make everything into an obstacle course. Even when he has a direct, unobstructed course to what he wants, he will go under and over anything that is near (over the dogs and pillows, under chairs...). All three babies are pulling themselves up on everything too. So neat to see them turn into little people :)
Easton crawled into an empty basket today, just for the fun of it!
Thank you to our nanny for the above picture, as well as the following. I love that she takes pictures of what everyone is doing during the day. She made colored pasta for all four kids to play with. Quin was talking about all night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joelee, what adorable little ones! I love the little teethy smiles.