Monday, January 2, 2012

HaPpY NeW YeAr's!!!

Over the past few years I have written about our New Year's Gift giving tradition.  It is still one of my favorites!  Much less pressure on my part and because they don't remember the tradition yet, they sleep really well.  They had been up for five minutes before stumbling upon the gifts.  I usually think to get them something practical and something for fun.  Unfortunately, I totally flubbed up this year and ordered their hooded towels (practical gifts) too late.  Ooops!  They may have to become birthday presents ;)
The woman who watches our kids stayed late last week, so that Jason and I could make a trip to Ikea - woo hoo!  So... most of their gifts were our great finds from there.
Santa brought Easton a basic train set, that he has loved.  So, we gave him a large carpet for this cars/trains and an extension kit for his trains.
Ellery got some felt fruit.
And Quin got an iPod.  Long story short - it is used, but it is perfect for her!  We do need to invest in a few new songs though... If I hear Fireworks or Whip Your Hair Back and Forth again, I may throw the thing out the window ;)  She loves it though.  It is just one more reminder that my baby is growing up!
Even after the other three kids opened their presents, Gianna sat with her baby while sippin' her juice.  They only get one cup of juice, so she was afraid someone might take it if she put it down.
Their group gift was an Elmo game for our Wii.

Gianna finally decided to open her gift, and found the vegetable version of Ellery's.  The girls also got a play pot/pan set, as well as a new table lamp for their bedroom.

Jason made yummy cinnamon french toast!
In an effort to avoid the hat fiasco of last year, I thought we would try funny mustaches ;)  I saw these fun freebie printables here, and thought my kids would get a kick out of them!
Quin
Ellery
Gianna
I love how her new squished nose smile just adds to the mustache look!
And, of course, Easton had the most difficulty cooperating ;)
I just think he wanted this sign for himself.

I grocery shopped early in the day and came home to this...  Jason knew that I was going to take pictures of them with the mustaches.  I had a hard time even looking at him without laughing/wincing/gagging...  I love that he was a good sport for the day!

I mustache... how did I get so lucky?!?!?
We wish all of you a happy, healthy 2012!!!

No comments: