Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Craftin'

Hi, my name is Joelee and I am addicted to ... Pinterest!
It really has just replaced the way I used to use my Google Reader to save blog posts that I liked.  The added bonus is that I can see what other people are saving too, and then steal repin their ideas.  I also like that when I go in under my account, there is a picture of each specific link - I am such a visual person!  I also appreciate being able to sort the ideas under like categories.
I do admit that Pinterest can start to make me feel like I need more time in the day... that other people are so much more creative than me... that I need to quit my dayjob to craft at home with my kids... that I need to work day/night to implement all of the amazing educational ideas into my classroom...  Ahhh, I just have to keep it all in perspective! ;)

One of the very first things I pinned were adorable feet trees, and I knew I had to make our own.  I wasn't a big fan of the red toes that the original had on it, so I had Quin make two sets.  I much prefer the all green trees.  I also had my kids each use their first three fingers for the trunks and added a foam/glitter star.  I love the way they turned out!
I also loved the ornaments that used a child's hand and then used the fingers to make individual snowmen.  A few weeks ago, Jason was out of town for the week.  When he is gone, we tend to do more crafts (I need a plan when he is gone!).  I didn't have plain ornaments, so we used the same idea on a plain blue piece of paper.  When it was dry Quin added the faces/hats/buttons to the snowmen, and the triplets added the cotton ball snow and glittery snowflakes. 
We had a mistake, but Quin wanted to make it look like a flying snowball... I have to say she has quite the imagination!
The following weekend our nanny from last year came and spent the day with our foursome while Jason and I did some Christmas shopping (it was a wonderful gift - thank you again Vickie!).
I had not hung our finger snowmen up yet. 
I was so surprised when we came home and found these:
Aren't they too cute!
My last pinspiration was fingerprint candycanes...  We whipped up a few and used them for gift tags.  Not thinking too much about it, I cut them out and added the to/from on the back.  If I were to make them again, I would cut them out in a rectangle and add the to/from next to the candycane.  Ahh... I live and learn ;)


No comments: