Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Little Help, A Lot of 'Fun'

About a week and a half ago, the school where I teach had its annual 'Family Fun Night'. This is our version of a school carnival. My students were wound up so high for at least a week before. It is always nice to see our families come together for a night, interact with each other and have a wonderful time as a family!

As a teacher, I get to volunteer! :) I couldn't leave Quin home for the evening, knowing that she would have a blast at Fun Night, so she came with me. We spent the first hour volunteering in the balloon area. We were in charge of supplying balloons to the clowns, who then handed them out to kids. There was a conference room full of balloons that she could walk around and grab the ribbon tails to make balloon bouquets. After getting over her fear of the clowns and balloons, she did a fabulous job!

She gathered/arranged this bouquet all on her own.
After our shift was over, it was our turn to play! She had a great time playing games and eating!

We ended the night at the Moonwalk (blow-up bouncer). Quin was so excited to go in and bounce. We waited in line for about five minutes and watched, so she knew what she was getting in to - or so I thought. She thought it was great fun for about the first 30 seconds, until she was bounced very high by the older kids. I will never forget the look on her face :) She gave a few more tries, and then crawled over to me. Smooshing her face against the net as close to me as she could get, she whispered "I no wanna be in here anymore... Please help me get out!"
We will give it another go next year! :)

No comments: