Saturday, May 8, 2010

Big Girl Bed

Eeek! I am very far behind in posts - I hope to catch up soon.

Over spring break we converted Quin's crib into a 'big girl' bed. Yes, she recently turned 3 and she was still in her crib. We should have made a bigger effort to convert her bed earlier. I was afraid that she would start wandering at night and wake up the babies, and let's be honest - less sleep is NOT what I need :)

I still wasn't sure how she would do with her new found nighttime freedom, but we had come to the conclusion that it was time. She has done very well. She is very proud!

There was a lot of testing the first few days, but our handy dandy video monitor sure helped us. She couldn't figure out how in the world we knew she was out of her bed - hmmm.... Who knows how long we will use this monitor :)
For the time being (it has been a few weeks), she doesn't get out of bed until we tell her it is okay. When she wakes up, she sits on the edge of her bed and yells 'Mommy. Daddy. Wayuhr you'. I would love to say this will continue... but who knows! I will take it for now.

No comments: