Sunday, July 17, 2011

Our Fantastic 4th!

We had a wonderful 4th of July with family! We were able to go to my sister Abbey’s house. It was a beautiful day, and we had so much fun hanging out with everyone – especially this happy guy!


www.oursizemorefour.blogspot.com


My kiddos had a great time playing with all of Lincoln’s toys, eating at his picnic table and running around his backyard! It was hard to get the five of them to sit for any amount of time, let alone all look in the same direction and smile :)


www.oursizemorefour.blogspot.com
I was able to snap 6 pictures before they looked like this – ha!


www.oursizemorefour.blogspot.com


We brought along our little splash pad. Linc LOVES water! He was the first in!4th3


It took awhile, but eventually all five kiddos played in or near the water. I have to laugh at the look on Linc’s face :)


4th4


As we were leaving, the boys had one final hug. I hope they stay good friends – the boys will need to stick together among all of those girls (my sister is having a girl!).4th5

One last squeeze for my favorite nephew!!!


4th6



When we got home it was slightly dark – good enough for some ‘fireworks’ with 2 year olds. We had fun with some ‘Pop Its’. All four kids loved throwing them hard to hear the faint pop.4th7


It wasn’t until after we were done that I noticed the age warning on the top of the box – whoops!4th8


We also stuck a bunch of sparklers in the grass – the kiddos were amused for about 3 minutes. At least we tried!


4th9


Quin had asked to stay up and watch the fireworks, so we thought it was worth a shot. Jason stayed home with the babes, while Quin and I ventured out. I took her to a perfect spot that Jason and I went to several years ago. Unfortunately, we could hear the fireworks, but barely could see the top of them even during the finale. The trees must have grown likes weeds!
4th10


I was shocked – Quin didn’t really seem to care much. I think she was just happy to be up so late (she never gets to stay up past 8:30 or 9:00). She was a good sport – I think, in part, because she didn’t know what she was missing.


On our way out of town I caught a glimpse of more fireworks in my rearview mirror. I quickly turned around to head back down and found the perfect spot to watch the beach fireworks (without driving out to the beach, or dealing with traffic – score!).


4th of July 2011 183


Quin loved them, but tired quickly.


4th11


We had one round of sparklers when we got home.


4th12


She was so tired we had to carry her in! I love to see these new experiences through her eyes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun! Our girls love the "poppers" too. We missed the age warning too... oops haha!