Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thank You Mom!

I have been lucky enough to have had my mom helping me for the past four weeks – yes, four weeks. The four weeks included her spring break and then she was able to use some of her sick days. It has been a blessing to have her here. She would come just before the 9:30am feeding, and stayed until the 4:00pm feeding. Not only did she help me with the feedings, but with dishes, laundry, doctor appointments (one week we had seven appts!), shopping… It was wonderful! I was able to leave the house by myself, knowing that the babies were well taken of. I also did some meal prep and froze a few dinners, and organized a closet or two. It is amazing to me how fast the four weeks went!

Not only am I thankful for the help that she gave me, but it was so neat to see her bonding with the babies. The time that the five of us spent together is priceless and will live forever in my memories. Nothing can replace the bond between grandmother/mother/children. My sister is expecting a baby late this summer, and I can’t wait to watch the three of them together also!

I am on my own on Monday – which is both scary and exciting, all in the same breathe. I know I will be fine, but I am sure I will wish for her extra pair of loving hands many times throughout the day! Thank you mom!

No comments: