Thursday, May 28, 2009

Drum Roll, Please... (4 months)

Today the babies had their 4 month dr. appt. Here are their updated stats:

Ellery - 9 pounds 11 ounces (2.1 gain since last month), 21 ½ inches
Gianna -9 pounds 14.5 ounces (2.2 gain), 21 inches
Easton – 9 pounds 2.5 ounces (2.2 gain), 20 ¾ inches

A big thank you to my wonderful friend Meagon who again helped me out at the doctor’s office - I couldn’t do it alone! Overall, the dr. is very happy with their growth! The babies are almost on the charts – seems a little strange that I can’t even give them a growth percentage yet. I know many people have newborns their size, but I am so happy that they are close to ten pounds!

They each had four shots, which made for three VERY cranky babies this afternoon. I don’t know if they have ever cried as much as they did this afternoon. Thank goodness Meagon was here – again, couldn’t have done it alone. Unfortunately, it was also confirmed that all three babies have had a reoccurrence of thrush and have been put on a stronger medicine. Easton has had some hoarseness and Ellery has been increasingly more cranky, as well as spitting up whole bottles at a time – sometime projectile style. Always a good time :{ Our doctor feels that both of these things are happening either because of thrush spreading to their throat or because of reflux. Hopefully this new med will help clear up the thrush for good, and both Easton and Ellery will be back to their usual selves.

I also wanted to say how thankful I am for Jason. He has been out of town for the past few days. I don’t realize how much he helps me until he is gone! My dad came to help me for the day yesterday and Meagon helped me out today which was a huge help. Not sure I could have made it through three days on my own!

No comments: