Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's a BOY!

Congrats to Abbey and Kirk!!! I am happy to announce that at 2:47 yesterday afternoon (Aug. 29) my sister and her husband, as well as my mom, welcomed a beautiful baby boy into the world! He weighed in at 7 pounds 12 ounces, and was 21 inches long. He is a spitting image of Kirk (sorry Abbey!). Abbey began having contractions around 2:30am on Saturday and he arrived less than 12 hours later - not bad!

And his name is... well, he doesn't have a name yet. When the doctor asked what his name was, Abbey told her that he was "nameless" and the doctor thought she said Neimus. This might haunt him later in life. Kirk and Abbey are still mulling over his real name. Hopefully they will come up with a name by tomorrow's discharge!

Quin and I had the pleasure of meeting her new cousin this morning. My dad, brother Nate and Great Grandpa were also able to meet Kirk 2.0. What a calm and collect baby he is. Hoping for them that he stays that way. I am so very excited for my children - especially Easton - to have a cousin close to the same age (the triplets are exactly 7 months older). Oh, the trouble I see our in our future :)
Proud Moma giving her baby a kiss.
Uncle Nate (uncle x5 in less than three years - pretty impressive!)
Popa is already trying to talk him over to the green side.
Quin was probably afraid that he was coming home with us!
I love any picture of my grandpa with his great grandchildren!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

What a fun and exciting time for the family with all these babies! ;-) And yea for Easton to have some boy company too! Sweet pictures.