Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Yesterday, my side of the family came to our house to celebrate Father's Day. It was a beautiful day to spend outside! Great food, great company and great fun is usually how I feel when we are all together!

Besides celebrating the four men of the day (my grandpa, my dad, my brother-in-law and Jason), I looked forward to seeing Lincoln. I could just eat him up, he is so cute! He has grown so much over the last month or so since I last saw him :(

We tried our very best to get all five of the cousins together for a picture. We (or they) are slowly getting better :) I still don't know if Lincoln quite knows how to take my crazy foursome!
The highlight of the afternoon was getting out the new pool. Quin, Lincoln and Ellery loved it! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Quin or Linc in it, but Ellery was in and out so often it was easy to capture her. The water was freezing, but she didn't seem to mind!
On the other end of the spectrum were Gianna and Easton - they both stayed as far from the pool as possible.

Being the boy that he is, Easton would much prefer to play with his riding toys. His whole body actually shook each time I carried him closer to the pool. Yikes!
Gianna hung out in her chair. Close enough to people watch, yet far enough away from the pool.
I have to add this one of Ellery. I caught her 'climbing' all over the cornhole boards, looking very model-esk. If only she hadn't covered up the State logo :)

I hope you all had a fantastic Father's Day! There are so many wonderful fathers, as well as men who have stepped in to act like fathers. Kudos to all of them who are amazing role models for children!!!

No comments: