Wednesday, April 11, 2012

February - Dress Up Day

Sorry to everyone who I am friends with on Facebook.  The following pics are repeats, but I couldn't resist documenting them on our blog :)
In late February, Quin had 'Dress Up As What You Want to be When You Grow Up' day at school.  How sweet, she decided she wanted to be a teacher when she grows up.  She had a very definite outfit in mind when we were putting together her outfit.  She thought she needed khakis, a cardigan, a necklace and a bag.  
When filling her bag she NEEDED pencils, a white board with markers, a pointer, a ruler and lamination (because ALL teachers have that, you know!).  HA!
 I was hesitant to let her decorate her own side of the bag, but I am so glad that I gave in.  I am in love with her picture!  She drew the two of us getting into a van to go and teach TOGETHER!
 I was so excited to come home and hear all about her morning at school.  When I asked her how her day went, she gave me a sympathetic look.. and told me that it went "good", and then paused just staring at me.  After a few moments she told me "I am sorry mom.  I think I want to be a police officer instead".  What a hoot!  I told her that she has many years to decide what she really wants to be, and all mommy wants for her is to be happy!!!

No comments: